Cannot find music files on my Pi using bluetooth

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Cannot find music files on my Pi using bluetooth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 4. August 2018 at 19:41 #36826

Hi all,

I’m trying to use the onboard bluetooth to play my music files on my pi3 which are attached to its usb, just like we do when playing them over the wifi using squeezer. ( I was going to use a Pi Zero but did’nt realise, the one I had was not the bluetooth version)

I have installed the M2P BT module and that works fine, meaning that I can play music files that are on my android smartphone and it comes out of the Pi’s 3.5mm audio socket. Problem is that I can’t find the files on my M2P hardrive which is attached to my Pi3 and play them.

I also can’t run the LMS from my smartphone, it just keeps saying it can’t connect. Also when I look on my PC in Squeezbox server/favorites, there is NO bluetooth option, the favorites folder is empty I guess this is the problem but I can’t seem to resolve it

I really hope someone can help.Thanks

6. August 2018 at 10:16 #36834

Hi alex,

The Bluetooth feature is only intended for either one of the following uses:
    1. Play music directly from your phone -> all playback that’s happening on your phone is streamed either directly to the sound card or via LMS to all connected players via WiFi/ethernet
    2. Play music to a bluetooth speaker -> use the BT speaker as another output device, either via LMS for multiroom with WiFi/ethernet or with another player like shairport

9. August 2018 at 10:59 #36892

Hi Heiner

Ah Right… Sorry Heiner for wasting your time, big misunderstanding on my part, thanks again
    A

9. August 2018 at 13:56 #36893

No problem at all, that’s what the forum is for 😉

I’m glad I could clear this up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here