Cannot connect wifi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Cannot connect wifi

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 21. April 2020 at 15:42 #48569

Have been using Max2Play for a number of years with no issues, recently the SD card failed on my Pi Zero. So burnt the most recent image onto a new SD. Followed the instructions, let the AP come up connected scanned for my Wifi. That’s when the trouble started, firstly the network was not showing up, Ok so after much searching realised that the channel on 2.4 need to be 11 or lower, so set my Orbi to 6 and hey presto it sees the network, selected entered the passphrase saved all settings system says data saved, shutdown removed power and restarted. Still, no access to the wifi network always comes up in AP mode.

No matter what I try to do I cannot get it to connect to the wifi, even tried a fresh install on a model 3 and even that won’t connect.

At a loss what to try next, even resorted to trying WPS and that does not work either.

22. April 2020 at 14:26 #48593

Hi Windrider,

I successfully tested setting up a WiFi connection via Accesspoint mode. Which Max2Play version did you use? Do you have the option to connect the Pi to a screen via HDMI before starting up to see if and where an error message appears?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here