Can't start Squeezelite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 22. Oktober 2016 at 20:22 #23522

Hi guys,
    I cannnot start Squeezelite through the Audio Player tab in the web interface. It was running once when I set up bluetooth. I then changed the name of the player (in Squeezeboxserver settings > Players) and also selected Update Squeezelite from the Edit Advanced Options button.

If I login to the RASPBERRY PI 3 using SSH I can see that squeezelite is listed as a running service but any atempt to kill it or restart dont work.

Under the Audio Player Tab I get the error:

Trying to launch ... NOT successful Click here to show detailed information

Any suggestions on how to perhaps reinstall Squeezelite or something to fix this withu=out having to start with a fresh image from scratch?
    Thanks

28. Oktober 2016 at 12:39 #23597

Hello southafricanrob,

I need some more informations.

1.) Which setup do you use?
    2.) Which Max2Play image do you use?
    3.) Have you already choose the right soundoutput? Which one do you choose?

Best Regards

31. Oktober 2016 at 11:56 #23614

Hi Christoph,
    I use the latest image for Raspberry Pi image (m2p_rpi3_default_234_wps.img).
    I have pulse audio selected (using bluetooth).
    I have gotten it working by changing the player name back to max2play. When I changed it in the Logitech Media Server player settings page to headphones it seemed to break squeezlite. I also changed the hostname from max2play and that caused same issue but when all changed back it seems to work okay.
    Could you advise if its possible to change the player name though??
    Thanks

1. November 2016 at 13:43 #23626

Hello southafricanrob,

First, please make an update to the latest Max2Play version – 2.37

Then try it again. Normally you can change the playername over the Max2Play webinterface in the Settings/Reboot menu. This changes the Squeezebox Player name, too.

To force headphone jack, you can open the Raspberry Settings menu. There is the option to force the headphone jack.

Best Regards

1. November 2016 at 21:18 #23633

I also get problems when I change name with „space“ in name. Seems like the the Squeezelite and Multisqeeze dont like split names. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Sqeeze. No problem now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here