Can not resize my image

Max2Play Home Forums SD-Card Imaging and getting started Can not resize my image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 27. März 2020 at 13:04 #48293

Hallo Heiner,
    Ich habe mein Original Image mit Lizenz auf eine 32 GB SD Karte kopiert mit diesem Befehl

gzip -dc /media/werner/home2/max2play.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=1M
    sudo sync

Wenn ich mir nun das Ergebnis mit gpartet ansehe habe ich die Kopie und danach 22 GB leeren Speicherplatz.
    Da davor eine unbekannte Partition /dev/sdb3 mit 195 MB liegt, kann ich die Partition /dev/ext2 aber nicht vergrößern.

Ich brauche aber mehr Speicherplatz um eine grafische Oberfläche zu installieren und noch weitere Programme.

Danke im Voraus und Gruß
    Werner

29. März 2020 at 20:45 #48320

Hello,
    I have copied my original image with license to a 32 GB SD card with this command

gzip -dc /media/werner/home2/max2play.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=1M
    sudo sync

If I now look at the result with gpartet I have the copy and then 22 GB empty space.
    Before that there is an unknown partition /dev/sdb3 with 195 MB, so I cannot enlarge the partition /dev/ext2.

I want to switch to Jessie in the full version or Buster to install a graphical user interface and other programs.

Thanks in advance and greetings
    Werner

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

30. März 2020 at 15:23 #48327

Hello Werner,

The switch to another base version of Max2Play unfortunately necessitates a new image.

Therefore, you would have to create a fresh image regardless, to switch to our newest version.

However, you can save your Squeezebox Server preferences in the menu and upload them again to your new image easily.

30. März 2020 at 16:36 #48331

Hello Heiner,

does this mean I have to download a current image?
    How do I activate the Premium Version?

Can I install the new image with Etcher on a 32GB SD card?

Thank you very much and best regards
    Werner

31. März 2020 at 13:55 #48355

Hi Werner,

Yes, we recommend downloading the newest official version of Max2Play. You can choose between the stretch and buster version. However, if you have the Pi4, you need to download the buster version.

You can activate the premium license as always. Just enter your license (email address or code) in the Settings/Reboot menu and click save.

Yes, you can use Etcher to select the downloaded .img file and burn the image on your 32 gb SD card. Make sure the card is fast enough, though (Class 10 or higher).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here