Can I use a subwoofer with max2play?

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Can I use a subwoofer with max2play?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 14. August 2017 at 6:51 #30587

How do I use a subwoofer with max2play? Is it something max2play can control, or is it only specific DACs that can control one?
    Specifically I was wanting to make a portable player running squeezelite with its own speakers using a hifiberry amp+ or similar and have the option of plugging in an external subwoofer. Are there any amps that could deal with that, or only DACs? Could I do that thru the hdmi port if the subwoofer supports it?
    What about tweeters while I’m at it?
    I was thinking of building this project with a set of car speakers

14. August 2017 at 10:00 #30598

Hi

you cann use this Soundcard: https://shop.max2play.com/en/piano-dac.html
    But Loudspeaker and Subwoofer must have their own Amplifier (active speakers)

14. August 2017 at 10:10 #30599

Is there a small form amp like the hifiberry that would attach to that?
    Could I use 2 amp+ to run loudspeakers and amps seperate?

14. August 2017 at 10:42 #30602

Hi ryan,

– We do not recommend combining HAT sound cards on one Pi. But you can use any normal amps for the two outputs of the Piano.

– Not sure what you mean, could you clarify this question? If you have active speakers, a DAC would suffice. If you have two amp+ (need two Pi’s as well), passive speakers are directly connected.

8. Februar 2018 at 5:32 #33907

Just installed Max2Play, Squeezebox Server, and Squeezelite on an Allo Digione Player. Using coax cable to AVR. All is well except there is no output to my actve subwoofer from my AV receiver. Subwoofer works fine from video outputs. I remember seeing a setting for subwoofer somewhere in the setup process, but now I can’t find it. Help is appreciated.

8. Februar 2018 at 13:48 #33913

Hi fahzz,

Perhaps you are confusing the Allo Piano 2.1 with the DigiOne setup on Max2Play? We built a dedicated Subwoofer config for the Piano 2.1 and its dedicated Subwoofer output.
    Unfortunately, this does not work for the DigiOne as its output is digital and has to be processed by the receiving device of the digital signal while the Piano 2.1 DAC has two separate, analogue outputs that can be manipulated on the Raspberry Pi before being put out.

8. Februar 2018 at 19:47 #33922

Hi

I think he had connected the Loudspeekers and Subwoofer to the AVR

@fahzz

if the Lodspeekers configured asa large/fullrange the >Subwoofer can’t play because thereis no LFE-Signal
    Set the Speakers as small and the Subwoofer will play

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by std.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here