9. December 2015 at 17:03 #17203
I am using squeezeplug for almost 3 years now, and about 6 months ago I have upgraded into max2play which I find very useful even beyond the squeezebox server’s capabilities.
I have 3 issues I would like to ask about, hoping you will find them as important as I think they are 🙂 :
1) the BubbleUPnP server- http://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/ – is a free server that, combined with the miniDLNA server in max2play, enables the ability to stream media outside of the home network without the need for port-forwarding and/or paid apps.
Do you think that you can add it in future max2play updates? It will make a great addition to the current max2play, alongside the miniDLNA server.
2) Is there a plan for issuing an image to the cubox mini-computer? It has a Dual Core processor, native Bluetooth/Wi-Fi adapter, and SPDIF audio out. It can be a perfect Squeezeserver/player device, with sound coming out of the SPDIF, and you may even want to use its Bluetooth adapter somehow.
(I have the Cubox i2 at home, and it is working perfectly. Here is the full Cubox family specifications:
3) Last thing- although the max2play configuration is friendly and rich via the web UI, the big flaw is the need of a LAN connection before Wi-Fi connection can be configured. I was thinking about a text file that can be part of the image file, and that after the image burning to an SD card the user can open this text file, write inside the SSID and password of the router, and once max2play is started it will take this text file, “consume” it, and will connect to the home network already on its first run.
Of course, any change to this text file will change the Wi-Fi settings once the device is booted (very useful in case you switch internet providers, which happened to me not long ago)17. December 2015 at 19:00 #17399
thank you for sharing your ideas and thoughts with us.
1) Cannot promise anything, but thank you for your input,
2) It’s very time-consuming to support several devices. Therefore, it is not very probable that Cubox computers will be supported by Max2Play by default in the future. If you want to, you can try to download the install script from github and to modify it on your own. We cannot guarantee full functionality, however.
3) We will add WPS functionality very soon allowing to connect a Max2Play device and a WPS capable router automatically. You have to wait until we have published new images coming along with the right configuration (WPS activated) and WiFi is available on the first start.
Maximilian from Max2Play4. February 2016 at 21:50 #18383
I also would appreciate to have an interface for installation and configuration for the BubbleUPnP server within Max2Play. I could try to set it up on my own with the help of a guide I found on the web, but in the end I’m still a linux noob… Maybe you can put this option in the next poll for additional features?
Magnus25. November 2016 at 16:47 #24235
BubbleUpnP Server would be a greatful add-on for max2play. it promised to be the only solution to stream from a media server over the internet to other dlna devices. for the pi 2 i have built a configuration with volumio 0.9 and bubble upnpserver. I can hear my musik from my synology nas now at every place at the world (with internet connection). for the pi 3 i’ am failing with the installation of bubbleupnpserver on volumio 2.
If somebody ist interestet in the image (8 GB micro sd) for the pi 2 (with hifiberry dac+) i can give you the image file.
sorry for my grottiges english
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.