Browser audio to LMS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 11. August 2020 at 4:01 #49520

I have a browser installed on a Max2Play OS along with a touchscreen attached to the same pi. I would like to log into websites on the touchscreen and play audio to LMS so it goes over the multiroom synchronized audio system

Is it possible to get browser audio as input to the LMS?

11. August 2020 at 13:32 #49532

Hi Christian,

This would require a virtual loop device so that the system audio can be used as an input stream for the LMS (e.g. with the wave input plug-in). Unfortunately, we don’t offer something like this. I would recommend looking for ALSA Audio Loopback on the Internet and maybe developing a solution yourself.

In order to play the system audio on your Max2Play device it should be enough to deactivate the integrated audio of the Pi in the Raspberry Settings and to stop Squeezelite and Shairport, or to set the „-C“ parameter so that they are automatically stopped when not in use.

1. Januar 2021 at 16:21 #50532

Hallo!
    Kann man von einem Android Tablet z.b. aus Chrome oder Firefox Browser von einer beliebigen Webseite, die einen Audiostream hat, diesen audiostream zu einem Logitech Media Server LMS leiten, so dass letztendlich das Audio vom squeezelite Player abgespielt wird?
    Also hat lms eine Art Plugin, wie upnp oder so, welches im Netzwerk als Empfänger z.b. in der Teile Funktion oder so in einem Tablet Internetbrowser erkannt wird?

4. Januar 2021 at 15:18 #50543

Hallo musiclover,

so eine Funktion ist mir leider nicht bekannt. Ich würde dir empfehlen mal im slimdevices Forum nachzusehen, ob ggf. jmd. ein entsprechendes inoffizielles Plugin dafür entwickelt hat. Ansonsten kannst du natürlich dein Tablet einfach per Bluetooth mit dem Max2Play Gerät verbinden und darüber das Audio des Browsers zum LMS streamen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here