Bluetooth support

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 27. Oktober 2015 at 16:23 #16579

Hi

Just an idea of plugin, you could create: a way to turn raspi a connected speaker using bluetooth.
    It could stream music using a2dp and maybe make possible to answer phone call if microphone is connected.

Tang

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tang.
    30. Oktober 2015 at 16:13 #16644

Hi Tang,
    Thanks for the input! We will look into the benefits and issues that go with Bluetooth compatibility and how many people request this feature.

2. November 2015 at 12:01 #16676

Bluetooth wäre eine richtig tolle Sache!!! 🙂

7. November 2015 at 10:41 #16800

Ja, Bluetooth wünsche ich mir auch! Wäre klasse.
    Meine eigenen Versuche damit sind leider gescheitert, weil das Kernel-Update die Cirrus-Soundkarte verworfen hat. Der Bluetooth-Dongle lief aber bereits.
    Für die m2play-Experten ist das vermutlich eine Kleinigkeit.

Gruß,
    Mike

5. Februar 2016 at 10:43 #18386

I think I will be very very good and useful feature to use bluetooth (aptx, aac) input besides Squeezebox addons like Deezer and Airplay. And automatically switching betweenn Squeezebox, airplay and bluetooth. Now I am premium user and I’m ready to pay for this feature.

16. März 2016 at 13:08 #19310

Bluetooth Addon is available for download: https://www.max2play.com/en/portfolio/plugin-bluetooth-2/

16. März 2016 at 15:10 #19313

That’s good but I (and others I guess) mean that it will be great to use Raspberry Pi as Bluetooth receiver (player).
    Now Max2Play Raspberry Pi can be Squeezelite player or Airplay player (receiver).
    With this new Bluetooth addon Max2Play can become Bluetooth streamer but not Bluetooth player. Will you create new addon to turn Raspberry Pi as universal Squeezebox-Airplay-Bluetooth player?

18. März 2016 at 12:46 #19354

Hello malina,

thank you for your request.

Sorry, we have currently no plans for a plugin to make the Pi become a bluetooth player.

Roman from Max2Play

3. Mai 2016 at 10:21 #20024

I would like to support this idea. Thanks to that I could share my Hifiberry AMP with other no iOS devices eg. TV. Consider it please one more.

14. August 2016 at 21:20 #22265

I would also like to see this bluetooth receiver support.

I have been looking for a device I can have connected (wired) to my amp and speakers, which I can connect to via bluetooth or AirPlay from my phone and stream audio from the phone to the device for playback. There are many options for Airplay only (like M2P in it’s current iteration) and there are many devices that do bluetooth to RCA out (Logitech makes one for US$25) but I have not found anything that does both.

Now that the RP3 has both bluetooth and wifi built in, M2P has shairport already, and the bluetooth addon exists (albeit only for broadcast), I hope this can be something that can be added in without too much additional effort.

Unfortunately, Airplay is only on Apple products. By adding the bluetooth playback option, any guests to my home, with either Apple or Android devices, could easily connect up to the system and play their music.

I don’t know anything about programming hardware/software drivers and interfaces. I did find that someone had put this together already on an RP2, so he had to use 3rd party bluetooth hardware and software. The comments on his Instructable indicate that with the RP3, none of those 3rd party items are necessary, and also that the scripts he provides don’t work. However, it may provide a good jumping off point if it is decided to look further into this feature, as I hope happens. The old directions can be found here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-BluetoothAirplay-Audio-Receiver-combo/?ALLSTEPS

11. Oktober 2016 at 0:19 #23362

Ja ich würde mich auch sehr über ein bluetooth-plugin freuen!

11. Oktober 2016 at 11:03 #23369

Hello Roman,

may I ask for a reason, why you do not plan this feature?
    Do you think it will be too complicated?
    In my opinion it would be very useful, because currently, I am not able to stream music from youtube.com or other music sites to my stereo
    system.
    On the net I already found BT player solutions for RasPi, but I cannot use them without breaking my M2P installation.

Please, consider it again!

Thanks,
    Mike

26. Oktober 2016 at 15:45 #23580

Hi guys,
    Sorry for the late response, we had to do some testing before giving you good news.
    The Bluetooth Plugin now also works with smartphones, tablets, etc. to stream music from. The input from the bluetooth device is received by the Pulse Audioserver and streamed to the next audio device the server grabs (usually the 3.5mm jack).
    If you use a sound card, you still need to select the Pulse Audioserver as the output device in Squeezelite, but you also have to „deactivate the integrated audio on Pi3“ in the Raspberry Setttings to make sure that the audio jack is not used as the output device.
    Also, if you are using a screen, make sure to remove the tick on „Autostart Desktop“ under Settings/Reboot, otherwise two conflicting instances of the X Server might be started.

27. Oktober 2016 at 19:13 #23585

Hello Heiner,

happily received your message today and tested it immediately:
    After installing BT support, the first reboot produced an error (sth. like „Installation went wrong.“) but after a second reboot everything was fine:
    I connected a BT Speaker (as receiver) and my tablet (as source).
    They both work and even output to my stereo system is correct! (Cirrus/Wolfson card via LineOut).

Great work from you and the others on the team!
    Big „Thank You“ for implementing this!

Viele Grüße,
    Mike

27. November 2016 at 13:19 #24281

Hi max2play team,

thank you for this great piece of work.
    Streaming from a mobile device directly to the squeezebox server is exactly what I’ve been looking for.
    But I discovered one issue with my Huawei P8 (Android 6.0).
    The streaming to the SB server stops after some seconds and the connected SB Touch is going to sleep.
    I have to disable bluetooth on the device and reconnect again. But after some seconds of streaming the issue occurs again and music stops playing.

This doesn’t happen with my iPhone5 (IOS 10.1.1).

Is this anything you could help with?

Edit: After 30 minutes of streaming from my iPhone, the BT connection disconnects automatically

Edit 2: On Android the bluetooth connection stays established, but streaming stops. The bleutooth squeezebox channel of the smartphone is still playing. But I can’t hear anything.

THX

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by guybrush73.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by guybrush73.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here