Max2Play Home 2016 (en) › Forums › General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions › Bluetooth speaker questions
2. November 2017 at 12:12 #32247
I’m looking for new speakers for my bathroom and I’ve got some questions about Bluetooth support on max2play.
1) with rpi3, any Bluetooth speaker must be compatible ?
2) if we use Bluetooth speaker, is it possible to stream from phone to max2play via Bluetooth too ?
3) if 2 it’s not possible, can we connect phone to speaker as it connect normally to rpi ?
I can’t choose between standard jack speakers or BT speaker for now. I need to listen my music with Squeezebox but also stream YouTube / else to my speaker.
If someone can help me.
Thanks3. November 2017 at 11:03 #32267
1) The RPi3’s bluetooth module is compatible with most bluetooth speakers. However, we cannot guarantee a specific device to work, aside from the JBL Go which we use for testing. Also, there can always be dropouts with BT technology.
2) Yes, this is specifically the application we added in the 2.0 version of our Bluetooth plugin. Check the plugin’s description text for more info. You can either stream directly to the Pi or to all multiroom players with a custom Squeezebox channel for your phone.
3) Not sure I understand this question. You can only pair one device at a time. But you can pair one Pi with your phone and one with a speaker and stream your phone’s output to all players, including the BT-paired one.
For YouTube sound you can just use the built-in DLnA compatibility to stream with apps like AllConnect or BubbleUPnP to all Squeezebox players.
2nd Post: No, the Bluetooth plugin just handles audio streams, in- and output.3. November 2017 at 14:10 #32279
Hello guys! many thanks for your answers and suggestions, you helped not only Hydro, but also a lot of guys like me, who had the same questions. This is really the best web site, where smart and experienced guys are ready to help you at any time and in many questions. There are also a lot of amazing topics and discussions, you can learn from the experience and not afraid to ask questions.3. November 2017 at 14:28 #32280
Thank for your answer, it help a lot.
Do you think it’s possible to change wired speaker to Bluetooth speaker with script ?
For example, I’ve got two speakers on my bathroom. One wired connect to my rpi and one Bluetooth inside my shower.
Is it possible with one button (that launch a script or something else) to switch between my bathroom speaker to my shower speaker or the opposite ?
Thank again for your help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.