Bluetooth signal doesn't go over HifiBerry AMP2 with Squeezelite.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Bluetooth signal doesn't go over HifiBerry AMP2 with Squeezelite.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 16. April 2018 at 23:08 #35208

Hello guys,

me and a friend of mine want to build a portable jukebox which can connect to the wifi for spotify and otherwise plays songs over bluetooth, when the device isn’t connected to the wlan.

Therefore we bought a Hifiberry-DAC2-Soundcard. With the Spotify-Connect Plugin everything works fine. Also when we push a bluetooth signal over the bluetooth-squeezeboxserver-plugin it works. Sounds great but…

We can’t use a squeezeboxserver when we aren’t connected to the wlan. For this we need, in my thinkings, a bluetooth connection over the squeezelite service.

So I installed the bluetooth plugin with my premium license and connected my smartphone.
    After this I installed the requirements for the HifiBerry DAC2 Card. Also I deactivated the build-in-audio in the raspberry pi settings. Like you said in your tutorials.

Also I set the „sysdefault – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus“ option as squeezelite soundcard. (! Without any commandline parameters !)
    But unfotunately it doesn’t work.

In short words:
    Problem: everything with the soundcard works, except of bluetooth over squeezelite.
    Goal: Stream from my smartphone to the pi and get output over the hifiberry dac2. (Also without an existing wificonnection)

Can you please help me?

Thanks.

dernxol (german)

24. April 2018 at 9:57 #35291

Hi dernoxl,

Thanks for the detailed request.

Please make sure your Squeezelite has „-C 5“ in its Command Line Options, otherwise it might block the playback. If that does not help, please try running BT without Squeezelite on to completely rule it out and also stop any other players.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here