Tagged: Alexa Echo Bluetooth Plugin
19. November 2017 at 1:48 #32526
I installed the Squeezebox server and the Bluetooth plugin. There is the problem that streaming music from Amazon Echo to Squeezebox server stops after about 3 minutes. After disconnecting and reconnecting Amazon Echo it works again for some time, but then it stops again.
Streaming music via BT from iPhone 6+ to Squeezebox works without problems.
Is this a known problem?
Thanks and regards
Harald21. November 2017 at 23:01 #32579
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Regarding your question: The phone was closer to the Pi than the Echo!
Meanwhile I made more tests:
– I noticed that also streaming from the phonestopped after about 20 minutes
– I reduced the distance between Echo and Pi to 40cm. In this case the streaming stopped only after ~20 minutes
– I streamed my Amazon Echo via BT to an Ubuntu server (3m distance) with a loop from BT input loop to HDMI audio output. Everything was stable for several hours!
– Yesterday, I tried the M2P beta SW 171115. The streaming worked for 1.5 hours! When I checked again after 2.5 hours the streaming was stopped. The BT connection was still active. After disconnecting/connecting BT the streaming worked again.
My assumption is that there is a bug in the M2P BT plugin! Whenever there is a short BT connection problem (which can always happen due to WiFi/BT interference) then the plugin stops working. The problem seems to be improved in the beta SW, but it is not completely solved.
Did you test your BT plugin in your lab with Amazon Echo running for several hours with a Wifi interference from neighboring access points?
Thanks and regards
Harald21. November 2017 at 23:08 #32580
One additional comment: In the thread https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/bluetooth-addon-beta/ several other people reported problems when streaming from Echo to RPI!26. November 2017 at 1:19 #32640
Update: In new tests I made today with the the M2P beta SW 171115 (which once worked for 1.5h), the playback stopped already after about 20 minutes. After disconnecting/connecting BT and pressing stop/start the playback worked again.
Conditions were as before:
– distance between Echo and Pi to 40cm
– Pi WLAN off (using ethernet cable)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.