Bluetooth on Max2Play client blocks connection to my Max2Play LMS server

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Bluetooth on Max2Play client blocks connection to my Max2Play LMS server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 30. Dezember 2022 at 23:47 #52558

I have 2 Max2Play clients that are connected to another Max2Play „server“ which is equipped with LMS:

Clients: 1 x Raspberry 3B and 1 x Raspberry 3B+, both with HifiBerry DAC+ and a 7 inch Waveshare touchscreen display.
    Server: 1 x Raspberry 3B+, with LMS installed (including Spotty for Spotify) and several internet radio stations.

This set-up works fine for several years now.
    The problem came up recently when I tried to connect 1 of my clients with my JBL tuners (JBL tuner 2 and tuner XL) with bluetooth.
    I have installed the bluetooth plugin onto the client, and made the changes in the Audioplayer (advanced settings) to redirect the audio stream to bluetooth (Soundcard: Bluetooth, and Command line options: -v -B).
    I could make the connection with the JBL tuner without any problems, but I could not connect to the Max2Play server after a reboot.
    It worked suddenly after some time, and from that moment I did not have any problems with the set-up.
    The Max2Play client returned to a standby status when I turn of the JBL tuner, and it connected properly after I restart the JBL tuner.
    However, it takes a lot of time for getting the connection to the server after I shut down and/or reboot the Max2play client.
    This did not happen without the bluetooth feature, I always got the connection to the server within a minute.
    Has anyone an idea how to fix this issue?? Should I add some extra information in the Max2Play client software??

EDIT: seems to be normal behaviour… some time (approx. 2 minutes) is required (after the bluetooth connection is made) for the finalization of the connection with the Max2Play server…….

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by tomsat50.
    3. Januar 2023 at 15:45 #52569

Hi tomsat50,

As you have already recognised, some time seems to be necessary to establish a connection. You could add -s <server>[:<port>] to the advanced options of Squeezelite to automatically connect the player to the server. But apart from that there is not much more you can do.

4. Januar 2023 at 17:55 #52571

Hello MarioM,
    Thanks for your reply.
    How can I, in detail, add this entry in the advanced settings of Squeezelite?
    I assume: -v -B -s 192.168.1.5:port…
    Is this the correct format, and… which port do I have to use?
    The ports (as displayed with FING on my smartphone) that I can find are 22 (ssh), 80 (http), 139 (netbios-ssn) and 445 (microsoft-ds).

5. Januar 2023 at 15:37 #52572

You do not necessarily need to specify the port. The IP address should be sufficient. Just add -s <IP address> in the command line options of Squeezelite.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here