Bluetooth – latency via Squeezebox Server

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Add-ons Bluetooth – latency via Squeezebox Server

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MarioM Moderator 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 12. Juni 2020 at 14:25 #48993

Hello
    at first – thanks a lot for great software

I want to use Bluetooth to stream sounds from my handy to M2P
    When I stream to soundcard directly, the latency is ok, 1sec at maximum. But player is occupied by BT or Squeezelite I have to stop player etc…
    So I would like to use Squeezebox to play the BT sound, but I have high latency, 3 up to 6 seconds. Each action is delayed – start/stop, volume change, skip or forward.. Each Android app I tried has the same latency. With other BT devices my handy has no problems

Could you please help? Can BT -> Squeezebox normally cause such a latency? a buffer?

Raspberry PI 2B, Raspbian updated, fresh M2P

Br Bohuslav

16. Juni 2020 at 13:26 #49023

Hi Bohuslav,

Bluetooth problems can often have various causes. But usually, the latency shouldn’t be that high. In terms of hardware, this could have to do with the Bluetooth dongle you are using. Apart from that you can only try to update max2play to the latest beta and reinstall bluetooth.
    Then you should install the Wave Input Fix in the Squeezebox Server tab (depending on which LMS version you are using). To adjust the buffer size of the stream, go to the Squeezebox server settings under advanced/network and change the radio station buffer seconds or timeout.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here