Bluetooth Box remains silent

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Bluetooth Box remains silent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15. Dezember 2020 at 18:50 #50494

Hey all,

I got a Raspberry 4 4GB running Max2Play Version 2.53. I would like to use the Raspberry to stream to an existing Bluetooth box in our living room. I followed the installation instructions for the max2play image, activated my license and installed the bluetooth plugin according to this tutorial: https://www.max2play.com/portfolio/plugin-bluetooth/.

I can find and connect to the box, it auto re-connects when the box is turned off and on again, but when I start streaming either using Squeezelite or Shairport (which I use mostly for debugging) the box remains silent. I can share my music but the box won’t even beep. Nothing. Nada. As Soundcard I tested pulseaudio as well as bluetooth, but the results were the same. Any ideas on how to narrow down the root cause?

DEBUG Info:
    #### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.3 based on v1.8.7-999, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2017 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o pulse -a 80:4:: -B
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d pulse -k
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    BLUEALSA_PLAY_AUDIOCARD=hw:0,0
    BLUEALSA_PLAY_MIXER=PCM
    GMEDIARENDERER_ALSA_DEVICE=plug:jack

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    jack – JACK Audio Connection Kit
    pulse – PulseAudio Sound Server
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    bluetooth – Your Bluetooth device 28:11:A5:9D:7C:D8
    default:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Hardware device with all software conversions
    usbstream:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones – USB Stream Output

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.3.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

16. Dezember 2020 at 13:30 #50495

Hi floix,

Please make sure that no other service of the Bluetooh plugin is running (streaming to the soundcard or to the Squeezebox server). Then check that no other audio player is running except Squeezelite. In the advanced settings of Squeezelite you should select „bluetooth“ as the sound output. If Squeezelite is running with this setting, you should be able to play music on the Squeezebox Server through this player and the Bluetooth box.

29. Dezember 2020 at 12:04 #50525

Hey Mario,

that helped a little bit. I can now stream to Shairport once, after the first session it get into a stammering mode where the music is not enjoyable anymore. I need to restart the raspberry to get it working again.

1.) (Re-)Start Raspberry
    2.) Start Shairport
    3.) Stream Audio from iPhone via Airplay ==> works
    4.) Stop Stream
    5.) Start stream again ==> stammering audio
    6.) Go to 1.) again

Latest and greatest updates have been installed but this did not solve the problem.
    DEBUG INFO
    #### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.3 based on v1.8.7-999, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2017 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o plug:bluetooth -a 80:4:: -B -s http://diskstation.fritz.box:19000
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d plug:bluetooth
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    BLUEALSA_PLAY_AUDIOCARD=hw:0,0
    BLUEALSA_PLAY_MIXER=PCM
    GMEDIARENDERER_ALSA_DEVICE=plug:jack

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    jack – JACK Audio Connection Kit
    pulse – PulseAudio Sound Server
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    bluetooth – Your Bluetooth device 28:11:A5:9D:7C:D8
    default:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Hardware device with all software conversions
    usbstream:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones – USB Stream Output

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.3.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

30. Dezember 2020 at 16:34 #50529

Hi floix,

So far, we have not encountered such a problem. I will pass this on to our developer. Maybe he can fix the problem in our beta update. Does the stammering also occur when you e.g. output a radio stream via the Squeezebox server on the Bluetooth box? Is there a specific reason why you don’t connect your iPhone directly to the Bluetooth box?

31. Dezember 2020 at 0:26 #50530

Hey Mario,

I was not able to connect to the Squeezebox server yet, but ultimatley that would be the goal. I have multiple phones and multiple rooms that I want to connect and control from multiple phones. So direct connection is not an option. Any ideas on how to proceed for me?

4. Januar 2021 at 14:57 #50541

Hi floix,

happy New Year!
    What problems did you encounter while setting up the Squeezebox server? Before you start a radio stream there, Squeezelite should run with the Bluetooth output. Then you should be able to select the player in the Squeezbox server web interface and start playback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here