Bluetooth And SqueezeLite Combination

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Bluetooth And SqueezeLite Combination

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 17. November 2018 at 19:55 #42105

Hi,

I have configured a Max2Play with HifiBerry Amp+ device to play to the HifiBerry card from both SqueezeLite and the Bluetooth Speaker addon, which I have an Echo Dot connected to for voice activated music playback.

The issue I have is that the Bluetooth Speaker addon locks the audio output card and then doesn’t release it when playback stops. I know that previously this could have been worked around using Pulseaudio however that doesn’t seem to be showing up as an output option for me with my current setup. I have updated to the latest version 2.47 but still am unable to see Pulseaudio as an output option. The -C 5 option configured in SqueezeLite is working fine and releasing the audio card when playback has been stopped for 5 seconds.

Is it possible to have both bluetooth speaker and SqueezeLite in „standby“ when nothing is playing so that the Amp+ is available to whichever player I prefer to use at the time? I know I can play to a SqueezeBox server using the Bluetooth plugin however I have Squeezebox running on an external server rather than on the Pi itself

Thanks in advance.

20. November 2018 at 17:25 #42179

Hi bjones,

Our current version of Bluetooth uses bluealsa as opposed to pusleaudio since we continued having problems with the latter and bluealsa improved both performance and stability. You can check out bluealsa’s documentation here to perhaps find a solution for your problem.

20. November 2018 at 21:11 #42202

Thanks Heiner, that makes sense and explains why the Bluetooth side of the audio is much more stable than it was previously.

From what I’ve read it sounds like recent commits of the plugin do have a fix in place to release the PCM channel when no audio is playing, so I’ll try updating to the latest version and see if that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here