Best audio settings for external USB DAC

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Best audio settings for external USB DAC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 11. Oktober 2018 at 11:35 #38568

Hi everyone,

I’m actually using Max2Play for a year now on a Raspberry Pi3 plugged on a DAC NAD D1050 using a USB cable.
    I’m using Squeezelite and LMS to play rip versions of my own CDs stored on a hard drive plugged into the Raspberry (All files are FLAC files).
    I was wondering what were the best settings to have the most untouched and pure audio signal from the Raspberry to the DAC.
    Actually, my Squeezelite settings are :
    Sound card : hw – NAD USB Audio 2.0, USB Audio – Direct hardware device without any conversions, CARD=N20,DEV=0
    ALSA parameter : 80:4::
    Command line options : -v (because i’m using Jivelite)
    Use USB-DAC : checked

In Logitech Media Server settings, I have set the output volume level to „100%“, set the Bitrate Limit to „No limit“ and the LAME quality to „0 (Optimal quality)“

I have not also disabled the build-in audio paramater in raspberry’s settings. Would it help to do so ?

Are all those settings the best for quality sound ? Is there anything I should change ?

Thanks for your help

Best regards
    Julien

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by julandco.
    12. Oktober 2018 at 9:17 #38583

Hi Julien,

That all looks good. You can disable the build-in audio but it should not make much of a difference. You can also activate the max USB current in the Raspberry Settings and make sure your power supply is sufficient in the Health Checker in Settings/Reboot.

12. Oktober 2018 at 12:49 #38586

Hi,

Thanks Heiner ! I’ll check theses settings as well.

Best
    Julien

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here