Beocreate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 16. September 2018 at 13:44 #37855

Hi
    I built the Beocreate board into my CX100 speakers a couple of months ago and have been running it with Max2Play so I can choose between Squeezebox, Airplay or Bluetooth. There wasn’t a specific setting for the Beocreate card but I found the HiFiberry DAC+ Light worked fine although a bit low on maximum volume.

I’ve just noticed that there is a specific Beocreate setting available now! I’ve tried it out but I have been having a problem trying to find the DSP profile that allows volume control. All the ones I have tried (including the two CX100 ones) seem fixed at 100% volume. The Alsa slider doesn’t seem to work reliably either.

I’d be grateful for any advice to find the right settings for the CX100 which allows volume control through squeezelite. Thanks.

17. September 2018 at 10:21 #37864

Hi kingswindsor,

Thank you for your request and for trying out our BeoCreate integration. It is still a work in progress but we appreciate any feedback.

Could you tell us which Pi and which version/image of Max2Play you are using?
    Also, could you copy your debug info from the audioplayer menu here?

17. September 2018 at 11:47 #37871

Heiner
    Thanks for the reply. I’m happy to help test to mature the integration.
    I’m using a Pi3B+ and Max2Play v2.47
    I’ve chosen the CX100-v1.xml profile, set the ALSA volume to about 50% (it was showing zero) and rebooted.
    Just an observation – when I select the CX100-v1.xml profile, it doesn’t seem to stick – it seems to go back to the basic-full range.xml.

The debug information is here:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.3 based on v1.8.7-999, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2017 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4:: -o hw:0 -V DSPVolume -C 5
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -t hardware -m hw:0 -c DSPVolume
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=–webport 8081
    BLUEALSA_PLAY_AUDIOCARD=hw:0,0
    BLUEALSA_PLAY_MIXER=Digital
    LMSIP=192.168.1.218

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    bluetooth – Your Bluetooth device A4:9A:58:C8:25:99
    default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.1.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

17. September 2018 at 16:51 #37878

Hi kingswindsor,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It seems you already deactivated the build-in audio card in the Raspberry Settings. This might have been another reason as the BeoCreate needs to be in hw:0 to work properly.

We are currently still testing, though.

18. September 2018 at 10:44 #37886

Heiner
    Do you think either the cx100.xml or the cx100-v1.xml profile will allow volume control? That’s the main problem at the moment.

I’m assuming that I am changing profiles. Because the display goes back to the basic-full range.xml profile it’s difficult to be sure.
    George

30. September 2018 at 18:08 #38249

I’ve been experimenting further and the cx100-v1.xml profile allows volume control through LMS and the ALSA slider also works. It sounds very good.

1. Oktober 2018 at 16:21 #38307

That’s great! We will look into why the basic range does not offer these features and get back to you.

4. Oktober 2018 at 12:50 #38386

Could I clarify how the volume control works please?
    Does the volume slider („Settings for DSP-Volume (Sigma TCP-Server ALSA control)“) act on the same parameter as when adjusting volume through the LMS interface?
    If they both act on the same parameter then I suppose I can forget about the Max2Play volume slider and just control volume through the LMS interface – true?
    many thanks – it’s sound good.

4. Oktober 2018 at 12:54 #38387

yep, they are synchronized in our solution, so you should see the changes from lms by refreshing the slider page 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here