Backing Up M2P

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 25. September 2018 at 16:29 #38026

I run 4 M2P on Raspberry Pi 2 with HifiBerry Amp+ soundcards, each device is connected to the network by a USB WiFi router, and my LMS server is running on a Windows Server, so the M2P devices are just running as players. Every few weeks or so, there appears to be some kind of memory card corruption or other issue that means the Pi will no longer boot, so I have to reinstall M2P on the SD card, then reconfigure the WLAN and all my plugins.

I know the ImageBurner plugin exists for taking backups but I don’t have an additional USB card reader or SD card, and this would also be a lengthy process to go through on 4 devices. Are there any plans for a simpler, more flexible backup solution for M2P? It would be much easier to have a backup to restore from that doesn’t involve additional hardware, even if it’s a configuration backup only, so I install a fresh install of M2P, then restore my configuration and plugins.

Thanks.

25. September 2018 at 17:19 #38029

Hi bjones,

Firstly, you should not need to do that with a proper setup. Please make sure you have sd-card protection active, your sd-card is class 10 or higher and that you do remove the Pi from power before clicking shutdown on in Settings/Reboot (or with our new API-Examples‘ HTTP command).

You can also use software like Etcher or WinDiskImager to just read the image and save the img file on your PC.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here