Automatic upgrade to latest raspbian

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Automatic upgrade to latest raspbian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 9. Juli 2016 at 20:53 #21403

Hello,

will Max2play offer a way to upgrade to latest raspbian version ? When I installed Max2Play on my 2 devices few months ago it was shipped with wheezy and I would like to upgrade to Jessie. I think this option would be available within Max2Play web interface.

As Max2Play offers an easy way to use RPI for home entertainment I can imagine people want to have latest Kodi which I suppose is one of the most used features. I don’t think it’s right to force users to download whole new max2play image, open RPI box and install new version just to have new raspbian image (jessie for this time being) with latest Kodi.

Is there any chance such upgrade will be managed within max2play interface in near future or do I really need to reinstall my 2 devices with new max2play images shipped with jessie ?

Thank you

11. Juli 2016 at 16:32 #21424

Hi shamot,
    The change between wheezy and jessie forced us to implement the change with a new image. The features will be updated if you use wheezy and update. Just Kodi and the general image cannot be updated since it is advised by the Raspberry foundation to use a new image when changing from wheezy to jessie. Based on the many issues that come with an upgrade, it is strictly advised against. Normal updates of the Max2Play software still occur without the need of a new image.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here