Audio fading out regularly, then returns after some seconds.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Audio fading out regularly, then returns after some seconds.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 10. November 2020 at 22:57 #50112

I recently bought the HifiBerry Amp2 bundle with a raspberry Pi4 2Gb and Max2play image.

I bought the system for a friend and installed in their house. The wifi wasn’t great so I used a powerline adapter to give a wired LAN feed from their router.

Music is held on a USB drive attached to the Pi. After only a few minutes playing the audio keeps fading out for perhaps 5-10 seconds and then returns, fading back in. The settings are all in the green on health checker.

The track progress bar appears to show the music track being played continuing but then jumps back to where the music stopped playing when it fades back in.

I originally installed squeeze server 8.0 but then rolled back to nightly 7.9 thinking it may be a bug but the problem’s still there.

I’m going to take my Pi3+ system with an IqAudio amp board and which has been steady since 2017 over and see if that’s any better but wondered if anyone can offer any advice or remedy?

Many thanks

11. November 2020 at 21:00 #50119

I discovered it was my error – not all the packages had updated when I initialised the card!

I went through step-by-step today and ensured everything was OK. For some reason the update was hanging on the apache2 update so had to use putty to SSH in and complete the installation.

Everything behaving normally after.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here