Android audio output to LMS

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Android audio output to LMS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 10. Januar 2019 at 13:56 #43409

Hello forum,

i am very happy with the m2p setup and my wife loves it even more, because she can use airplay to cast the audio output of her Ipad and Iphone directly to every room. Since I am using Android, my streaming options are now limited to all the options that lms offers me.

(Sidequestion: Is there a way to offer a multiroom-airplay target which connects airplay to lms for multi-rooming?)

I can use bluetooth for streaming, which works but i am limited to the range of the bluetooth dongle (on the upper floor)
    Is there a way to stream the android audio output directly to lms (streaming to a room player would also be accecptable)?

Best regards
    Gregor

10. Januar 2019 at 18:18 #43428

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for the kind words!

You can use the DLNA interface of plugin of the Server to make all players DLNA/UPnP compatible. Then you can use apps like BubbleUPnP or AllConnect to stream from your phone. You can also check for the casting symbol, some apps natively support dlna streaming. AllConnect also offers AirPlay.

Regarding your sidequestion, I’m not exactly sure what you mean. There’s the AirPlay bridge plugin which can use to turn AirPlay speakers into Squeezeplayers.

11. Januar 2019 at 14:51 #43504

Hi Heiner,

thank you for your quick answer. The UPNP functionality ist great – but it does not compare with the airplay capability. Many Apps that I use do not have built in casting-functionality and i often start watching netflix oder youtube on my phone / tablet and then decide to output this audio-signal to a bluetooth headset or bluetooth speakers. It would be great to stream the audio-output to the m2p appliances in my rooms „on-the-fly“. I am aware that this is a first-world-problem and a great deal of lazyness involved – but it bothers me that my android devices lack the feature compared to the apple-devices of my wife 🙂

Is it possible to enable multiple bluetooth to LMS bridges on different devices? I think i read, that only the LMS-Appliance can use the BT2LMS Bridge and that i cannot have multiple LMS instances in my network, is this correct? Or is there a way to put a BT-Dongle in all 7 PIs and name the bluetooth-item in my LMS-favorite list according to the room it is located? That way i could connect to the room I am in via bluetooth and sync the audio in the rooms i want.

Regarding my side-question: Sorry – it was written all over the place but I just didnt see it.

Thx for your time and effort
    best regards
    Gregor

14. Januar 2019 at 13:42 #43570

Hi Gregor,

Our BT solution is in fact currently limited to the one Pi’s input with LMS on it. From there, it can be sent and synced to all other players. But the input can only come from the Pi with the LMS on it. Otherwise, there would be too many de- and encoding paths for the system and the quality would have to decrease while the latency would increase.

14. Januar 2019 at 14:57 #43585

Alright. The limitation is clear and I can live with that – i have to swap the pi with the lms in the living area to have better bluetooth reception which is no problem 🙂 Thank you for the great work and the input.

best regards
    Gregor

PS: I have now seen that not only me made a thread with the same request (Airplay functionality in Andorid). Maybe you could write a sticky thread with the explaination that android does not have this functionality (except for rooted devices with an additional app).

15. Januar 2019 at 13:41 #43655

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for the feedback. We will consider amending our information on AirPlay.

Have you tested the app AllConnect yet? It lets you stream media to AirPlay players from your Android phone.

15. Januar 2019 at 14:21 #43660

Hi Heiner,

I tried it – but didnt have time to play around with it in detail.

I found the Material skin for SlimServer which is just perfect for all my needs.
    It works perfectly on my phone, tablet, and PC, is responsive and user-friendly.
    Since I found it – i try to control everything with it.

best regards
    Gregor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here