And it crashed again…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 20. Dezember 2019 at 10:52 #47819

My max2play-installation crashed again… I use max2play as squeezebox server now for many years – and the only reason why I did not buy a full licence yet is, it crashes completely every now and then. That is so annoying….

Over night the raspberry or the software crashes and I have to re-install everything from the scratch with a new image. so all my presets and configuration is lost. I already bought new hardware, new powersupply. But that did not help. Now I give it a last chance and try the new BETA-Version for Rasp4. lets see if that works longer…

Sorry for mimimi-whining, but its so ahhhhhhhhhh

br andi

9. Januar 2020 at 13:07 #47903

Hi andi,

Sorry to hear that. Normally, our server instance runs without fail. To prevent future reinstalls, you can make a backup image with our image burner plugin of your current install to copy to other SD cards.

If you manually shut down the Pi (remove power), your issue is most likely the SD card which cannot be interrupted without a proper shutdown (button in the web interface or http request from API Examples Plugin). Otherwise damage to SD card over time is inevitable.

20. Januar 2020 at 10:18 #47948

You should try to understand what Max2Play is. It can’t just crash and be gone unless your SD card is broken. (That is what Heiner was aiming at.) You can always tell what happened and why.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here