Allo Plugin Premium?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 28. Januar 2019 at 10:05 #44189

Hi,
    a few days ago my license expired, and since I’m currently not utilizing anything requiring the license (used to operate BT, but just trouble, so I stopped and do everything via DLNA & WiFi), I haven’t cared about getting a new license yet. Why.
    Yesterday was the first reboot without an active license, and my Allo Boss card disappeared.
    No clue what’s going on. According to the website, Allo plugin is free and is supposed to work wirhout. Is this wrong?

Do I need to wipe some data to turn a former licensed system into a free one?
    Would a fresh install do the trick? (I hestitate to do, as it’s quite some effort to get everything configured again).

Basically, can I run Allo boss DAC without a license?

Toby

29. Januar 2019 at 11:36 #44223

Hi Toby,

You can only use the Allo plugin to select your sound card. Not the premium Raspberry Settings.

Try headin to the Allo plugin, selecting „none“ in the sound card selection, save and reboot, reselect the BOSS and reboot.

30. Januar 2019 at 9:01 #44235

Hi Heiner,
    Thanks for your feedback. I gave it a try, but it didn’t work. Config.txt looks ok, but the dmesg boot log doesn’t look promising, as I guess the kernel driver cannot find the Allo DAC (LEDs are on. It’s turned on). There are only error messages.
    I’d expect at least one „positive“ log entry, but have no old log available to compare. Do you happen to know the log entry which indicates the detection of a Allo DAC?

Toby

30. Januar 2019 at 10:53 #44236

Hi Toby,

There’s not much log detection for the sound card, you can check alsa mixer or the debug info of your Audio Player plugin. The following output options should show up at the end (just tested with a fresh install):

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####
    access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    format: S32_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (705600/16)
    period_size: 882
    buffer_size: 3528

1. Februar 2019 at 1:09 #44310

Hi Heiner,
    I’m still having trouble with my Allo DAC. Maybe I’ve mixed two things. My license expired (meanwhile I’ve relicensed), and I’ve updated the kernel, which bumped to rpi-4.14.y linux tree. Does the Allo driver work wih this kernel, or is this the source of my defunct Allo DAC?

Toby

1. Februar 2019 at 14:53 #44312

It should not be connected to the Kernel. Please paste audio player debug info like I did here so I can see what your device does.

I just tested with a fresh sd card: select allo, select BOSS DAC, reboot, the dac is in autostart in Squeezelite. Then, you should already be able to play to the BOSS automatically.

12. Februar 2019 at 12:31 #44439

Heiner,
    thanks for all your help. My DAC is back and running. I probably messed up stuff while working temporarly without a license. Now I’ve re-licensed for the next two years and was able to get everything back running without afresh install.
    I hesitated to go this route, not becausue the max2play setup is so complicated, but because copying 50GB of Music to the SD card after a fresh install takes so much time!
    Do you think it’s possible to support a multi-partition setup (separting media from system) out of the box?
    I mean to make it easier to do a full reset to your defaults without deleting everything on disk.

This time I performed it manually (mounting your image, copying system as well as boot partition on file system level onto my existing SD with everything removed but media data, and fixing the boot-loader afterwards), but it was cumbersome (but still faster than copying 50GB of data).

Can you image supporting something like a „back to start“ or „update to vanilla“ functionality without wiping the SDcard completely?
    Toby

18. Februar 2019 at 11:06 #44495

Hi Toby,

We have the option „Reset configs to Max2Play delivery configuration“ in the Settings/Reboot menu which resets all configurations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here