Airplay to USB-DAC distorted with crackles – Squeezelite on same output perfect

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Airplay to USB-DAC distorted with crackles – Squeezelite on same output perfect

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 18. September 2015 at 11:49 #15727

Hello there,

this is my first time experience with a Raspi, and I quite setup everything now in a snap. With your helpful image, everything works almost right out of the box.
    Only two problems need to be fixed for me now concerning my USB-DAC (Dspeaker Antimode 2.0). My Raspi2 is setup for autostarting Squeezelite and Shairport. Once I found out, that for music-based sample-rate switching, the right audio device had to be taken, squeezelite was running enormously fine. Perfect sound!
    I’ve noticed, if you take the „Front-USB-Audio“-device (the others are called „device – USB-Audio“ and „sysdevice – USB-Audio) it gave exclusive access to one service only. I know this is a regular behaviour for bit-perfect streaming, no mixing.
    So I start to disable Squeezelite, and started Shairport-only. But I noticed strong crackling sound, as if you would be listening a very scratched vinyl. It was better with the other devices, but far from being enjoyable.
    I think, I have to tune shairport in it’s buffersettings or so, how do I do that with your distribution. I just need a small hint, where I have to look.
    Furthermore, I know that my USB-DAC has hardware volume control. This cannot be adjusted for now. Can you pinpoint me a direction, or would you rather advice me to get a M2P license, I’ve seen several USB-DAC settings have been introduced there.

Just one thing, if I cannot get shairport to play nicely with my USB-DAC, can I put a Hifiberry Digi+ onboard, set the shairport exclusively to run there, and let squeezelite feed my USB-DAC, both running simultaneosly?

Thanks for you distribution and advice!

Don

21. September 2015 at 14:41 #15753

Hi donald,
    Thanks for enjoying Max2Play! Your desired scenario is possible. You can install the plugin shairtunes for the Squeezebox Server and then have your Squeezelite set up for Airplay. You can also use more than one instance of Squeezelite with the premium plugin Multisqueeze and feed both sound cards with one instance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here