Airplay stopped working on the Squeezebox server

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Airplay stopped working on the Squeezebox server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 12. Februar 2021 at 18:34 #50796

Hi,

Airplay suddenly stopped working, in the sense that the Max2Play player no longer shows as an Airplay speaker on my iPhone.

I tried to disable the Shairtunes2 plugin from the Squeezebox Server Webadministration in order to re-enable it, but after I restarted the Squeezebox server, the plugin was gone. The only plugin available right now is Shairtunes2 (fork), but that does not seem to work either.

I also tried installing the bugfix for Shairtunes2, but it looks like it’s not installing properly, because the option to install it is still there. I tried to run the command line alternative, but I cannot install the remote control plugin properly either. After I install ShellinABox, then in the Remote Control interface, I only see the option to install it again.

Other than that, the Squeezebox server works fine.

Can someone help?

Version 2.53
    Raspberry PI 3
    Hifi Berry DAC+

Plugin: Shairtunes2 (fork) v0.203.3

16. Februar 2021 at 14:38 #50801

Hi isolli,

Have you activated the SD card write protection? If not, it sounds a lot like your SD card is defective. Can you install any other plugins for testing purposes? Please share the debug info from the Settings/Reboot tab. Do you have the option of installing Max2Play on a different SD card?

23. März 2021 at 17:46 #50985

For me it stopped working with iOS 14.5 (beta 3). Maybe iOS 14.5 only supports Airplay 2.

23. August 2021 at 13:34 #51591

Thanks justwords, it might be just that. I am now on 14.6 and it looks like it works again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here