Airplay: shairport or shairport-sync?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Airplay: shairport or shairport-sync?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 11. Januar 2016 at 18:52 #17751

I was wondering which version of shairport is integrated in max2play?
    The original shairport isn’t maintained any more and has problems with IOS9. Also the audio playback isn’t between different airplay speakers and the iTunes computer. I was using shairport-sync which perfectly syncs all playback devices.

Before trying max2play I like to know if you have a working solution for airplay. This would be one of the main features I am using except for Kodi.

Thanks

15. Januar 2016 at 15:06 #17900

Hi macbecki,
    We currently have two solutions for AirPlay: The normal Shairport player which comes preinstalled on alle images in the Audioplayer menu and the shairtunes2 plugin for the Squeezebox Server which turns all instances of Squeezelite into Airplay-compatible players that can then be controlled via iTunes.

22. Dezember 2016 at 20:46 #25178

Hi,

are you using Shairport (https://github.com/abrasive/shairport) or Shairport-Sync (https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync). Also, if it’s the first one, are you thinking about an upgrade. Shairport isn’t supported and actively maintained.

Best,
    Andreas

28. Dezember 2016 at 1:29 #25281

I just purchased max2play with the belief that airplay would work as described in the features and documentation. It does not work for the reasons described in the first post in this thread. If airplay is used it plays one song and then stops.

There is confusion in the documentation which talks about shairport sync which seems to be different than the plug-in „shairport-sync“ but the documentation lead me to believe that „shairport-sync“ was used which others have reported works with latest versions of ios successfully.

Since airplay does not work — I conclude that shairport-sync is not being used and the old unsupported version of shairport which does not work with the latest version of ios is still being used.

This is a major product flaw and needs to be fixed asap and others contemplating premium version purchase should be aware that as of this time airplay does not work.

Regards,
    Bill

9. Januar 2017 at 16:13 #25699

Hi Andreas and Bill,

Thanks for your requests. We use shairport both in our Audioplayer plugin and in the newly added MultiShairport plugin. We just tested our current shairport client with a current iOS device and did not encounter any issues. We could play several songs continuously without interruptions or having to click play again. You can also still use the shairtunes2 plugin for the LMS which turns all your squeezelite players into airplay players. We will look into the possibility of including shairport-sync in a future update. If you found wrong documentation stating that we already use shairport-sync, please point us toward these mistakes and we will fix them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here