Max2Play Home 2016 (en) › Forums › General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions › Airplay problems
- 19. November 2016 at 18:30 #24025
I have a few things that I have observed!
1. If I by Squeezebox have played a few numbers and then switch on airplay from an Iphone or Ipad, I get no connection to M2P! I have to reboot to get it working.
2. If I have airplay running from my Ipad and “Switch off” for airplay and try to connect from my iphone, it says that another device is connected! Reboot of M3P is necessary for it to work.
3. When I play music via airplay, my rotary encoder does not work. If I turn the encoder the music stops. It looks like I still have a connection to M2P, but it does not help to disconnect and reconnect again. I have to reboot M2P to get it working again.
regards Bjarne29. November 2016 at 12:55 #24308
You might want to try out the automatic switch for Squeezelite and Shairport, detailed in our Top 5 Tweaks article: https://www.max2play.com/en/2016/11/top-5-tweaks-for-the-optimal-max2play-setup/
Regarding your other issues, please try to detail your steps you have taken so far and your setup so we can help you more accurately.3. December 2016 at 23:42 #24529
Thanks for your help.
1. I found out what was wrong when switching between Squeezebox and Airplay. The case is that I use HW volume and when I’m playing Squeezebox I play with a Master volume setting = 25. When I use Airplay the volume has to be almost 100 on airplay device to hear anything. Then I have to turn Master volume up to 35 to hear airplay.
Now the problem is that when I go back to play on Squeezebox I have to remember to turn down the volume to 25 to avoid blowing off my speakers!
Can I make so that airplay is using HW volume too?
2 and 3. I checked the “Enable I2S-MMAP (Mixerdevice for Soundcards)” i Raspberry settings and that made the trick:o).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.