Adafruit 3,5 inch touchscreen does not work

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Add-ons Adafruit 3,5 inch touchscreen does not work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  elmarhe premium 5 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 10. April 2019 at 14:42 #45006

I have bought an adafruit 3.5 touch display „PiTFT Plus with 480 x 320 resolution in the assumption that it would work with max2play.
    In my case it doesn’t and I hope this is due to some simple omission on my part …
    I have a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with no additional boards attached and I am using a max2play image freshly downloaded from the website.

When I start the Pi the display goes white, so it seems to work in principle. I then install the plug-in for the touch-display, select the 3,5 adafruit display and let the installer run. After a few minutes I restart when told to do so.
    The Pi comes up and the screen now turns black, does not show a picture, however. The Pi itself seems to be working fine – I can access ist from the web-interface without any issues.
    I played around with the installation of Jivelite and tried various things, but no luck …

What seems a bit strange to me: Even though the installation of the display runs through, I do not get the screen „Basic settings“ on the display plugin and there still remains the prompt to install the 2.8 Inch Watterott display without any acknowledgement of my adafruit screen.

Any ideas, anyone? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  elmarhe.
    10. April 2019 at 15:28 #45008

Addendum: I have just compared the RPi Display Screen of my adafruit Pi with the screen on my existing an running 7″ display Pi.
    The problem seems to be that the plugin simply does not install: I never get the info „display is installed“ on the plugin screen.
    Hopefully this makes things easier …

10. April 2019 at 22:08 #45015

One more thing: I fiddled around a bit more and installed the screen following this instruction
    https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-3-dot-5-touch-screen-for-raspberry-pi/easy-install-2
    The screen is obviously OK, the console shows up and the LEDs show a reaction to touch input. But I am not able to get thes screen to work with the max2play OS – specifically for a Squeezebox installation using jivelite.
    Any ideas, anyone …?

15. April 2019 at 11:00 #45050

Hello elmarhe,

Thank you for sharing and sorry about the late reply.

We will look into this and see if we can find a fix for the installer.

18. April 2019 at 14:57 #45074

Hello!

I have a kuman 3.5″ display that i’ve gotten working with the following using LCD-show, perhaps give this a try and see if it works.

git clone https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.git
    chmod -R 755 LCD-show
    cd LCD-show/
    sudo ./LCD35-show

If that is not working still, check /boot/config.txt and ensure there is dtoverlay=tft35a or similar.

Cheers!

18. April 2019 at 18:42 #45077

Thanks Koto!

I will try your method for another similar display that I still have lying around – I would love to get that to work as well! In about two weeks I can begin to experiment with that.

For the adafruit, however, I would like to wait for Heiner’s input since it would be so much easier if I could simply use it through the max2play interface.

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here