Activation lost after update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 13. März 2016 at 9:46 #19233

Hi

I was on 2.27 and my e-mail for activation worked fine.
    I just update to 2.28 and now, my e-mail won’t activate :
    „Your license could not be validated. Did you choose the right eMail-Address that is registered as a customer at http://www.max2play.com? If you have a key for activation please recheck, that the key is entered correctly. “

I tried to delete my e-mail and then save but then i got the following message :
    “ SD-Card is Read-Only! Changes on settings will not be saved!“

but when i go to the SD-Card protection plugin, i have the following message :
    „No valid Max2Play-License for additional plugins and features found. Please enter a valid eMail-address on the Settings-page to verify that you are a customer of Max2Play and to access all features. “

status of SD-Card plugin is „NOT INSTALLED“ and „SD-Card-Protection is NOT enabled! “

so :
    – SD card plugin tell me is not installed and not activated because i don’t have a valid activation mail (which i have)
    – can’t update config file because my SD-card is protected (whereas it is supposed not to be installed)

How can i get my e-mail to activate 2.28 when it has activated 2?27 correctly ?
    What did i do wrong during the update process ?

Thank you for your help

14. März 2016 at 14:24 #19259

Hi pom.tom.thiers,

Thank you for your post.

The license activation is working again. More details are available in this thread.

Maximilian from Max2Play

19. März 2016 at 10:07 #19366

Hi,

Thank you for your support.
    Activation is now working indeed for those squeezebox i have updated to 2.28 AFTER uninstalling SD-Card Protection plugin.

But for those where i just enable write access without uninstalling plugin, i’m still stuck :
    – in settings/reboot, it says NOT ACTIVATED
    – if i want to delete my e-mail, it says :

SD-Card is Read-Only! Changes on settings will not be saved!
    Update Configfile – existing Entry changed
    Your eMail-address / activation code is saved.
    Update Configfile – existing Entry changed
    Your license is validated. Now you have access to all features and plugins.
    Get Plugin from http://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/currentversion/raspberrysettings.tar
    Load Plugin from tar
    Installing Plugin sdcardprotection
    Install successful

but it remains „NOT ACTIVATED“

– when i want to enabled write access, i go to SD-card protection plugin, it says :

No valid Max2Play-License for additional plugins and features found. Please enter a valid eMail-address on the Settings-page to verify that you are a customer of Max2Play and to access all features.

so to recap :
    1. i want ot enable write access to update my e-mail in settings, so that my licence is activated
    2. i cannot enable write acces because my licence is not activated
    3. back to point 1.

is there a way to reinitiale max2play from scratch using ssh or another mean that do not require me to take out the SD-card ?

29. März 2016 at 16:10 #19500

Hi pom.tom.thiers,
    You can reinitialize using SSH. Just log into max2play and type the command:
    sudo mount -o remount,rw /

After that, you should be able to control the settings and your protection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here