Accesspoint with bridged mode and maybe some more options?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Accesspoint with bridged mode and maybe some more options?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 6. April 2017 at 12:14 #28009

Connected to Max2Play Accesspoint, I cannot see my airplay devices anymore. Even that on max2play.

I normally use hostapd with a bridge configured in etc/network/interfaces which is working well, but max2play uses iptable routing instead. So this is not the right way.
    Maybe you can provide a simple solution to that way to get bridged mode also and bring that to plugin?

A configuration of band 2.4 or 5 GHz (e.g. for external wlan sticks) and maybe channel would also help.

kind regards
    michael

6. April 2017 at 14:23 #28012

Hi mtk

If you configured the access point and the Shairport on the same device , there is no problem. access-point plugin and Shairport could work simultaneously, and if you setup the access-point plugin on one device and the shairport device on another one, make sure to check the „Standalone“ checkbox on the access-point.

And as I mentioned in the comments sections on our webpage, we could have the WLAN bridged mode feature in the future.

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

6. April 2017 at 20:55 #28020

Hi Mohammad
    after reboot I could see that shairport device on m2p from my iphone 🙂
    but not the other shairport-sync installations on my other raspians.
    „Standalone“ seems not to be an option to my setup here at home, because I got problems on mounting nfs(lost my mp3 for MPD). So i will try to modify network/interface and add a bridge there.
    Are you expecting any conflicts within m2p setup? Did not complete went throug this …
    Need some workaround until m2p supports bridged mode …

kind regards
    Michael

4. Mai 2017 at 15:43 #28706

Just for info:

meanwhile I tried to add a bridge to max2play manually like on raspian jessie:

/etc/network/interfaces:

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

# WLAN
    # auto wlan0
    # allow-hotplug wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet static
    address 192.168.2.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0

auto br0
    iface br0 inet dhcp
    bridge_ports eth0 wlan0
    gateway 192.168.1.xxx

and adding the bridge to hostapd.conf:

# Bridge-Betrieb
    bridge=br0
    # Ländercode
    country_code=DE
    interface=wlan0

The result was somehow instable. After installation it was running fine, after reboot the problems started.
    So I fear that I do not know enough of max2play architecture and its services an their startup mechanisms so far.
    I suppose, that during startup some network configuration is done my max2play that will cause the problems, maybe …

11. Mai 2017 at 14:26 #28792

Hello mtk,

Thank for your contribution to the forum, and we hope that we could find a common ground for cooperation with you to work on Max2Play related projects in the future.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

24. September 2020 at 23:21 #49751

Hey there, is there actually a bridge mode implemented now? I also need it to extend my WiFi and the access point is not working because the devices which are connected via WiFi are in a different ip range.

Hooe you can help me.

Cheers Jonas

30. September 2020 at 13:01 #49765

Hi daemmi,

We have not yet integrated any bridge mode into the access point plugin, but maybe I can help you anyway. What would you like to realize with this mode? What exactly isn’t working for you?

30. September 2020 at 13:32 #49769

Hey Mario, what I actually want is to extend my WiFi. The m2p raspberry is connected via ethernet to my router and I want to have a access point on the m2p raspberry which will add all connected devices to the same network. So the dhcp should be off at the raspberry and the up addresses should be assigned by the dhcp of the router.

30. September 2020 at 14:22 #49775

Hi daemmi,

This is not possible via our plugin. Perhaps this guide will help you to set up a wifi bridge manually:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point-bridged.md

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here