Accesspoint connection issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 3. Februar 2018 at 20:07 #33833

Hi,
    After two years Ive come to my witts end with the accesspoint and in desperate need for some help.
    Hope someone out there can offer a solution.

When I’m in my car, I hook into my M2P, via the accesspoint (AP). But it may take many attempts to get it connected. I’ll explain.
    I turn on the engine which in turn fires up the AP.

I turn on my „android“, go into settings by which time the AP is up and running.
    I choose the cars wifi, and I have to sign in, it can’t remmember my password for some reason.
    Seconds later I get a pop up that says sign into the network. I hit the pop up and the main M2P GUI pops up.
    From there I hit the three buttons , top right of the GUI and choose „use this network as is“.
    Once done, I go to my player, in my case its squeezer as the LMS doesent run on android. (just a note I have tried many players and in my situation I find it the best for me).
    When I open squeezer, if it doesent connect I have to repeat all the above again, and again and thats not easy when you have a wife at the side of you telling you to get driving.
    More often then not it doesent connect, so you might be able to understand my frustrations with this. But I continue to use it because my home one is amazing and I know its a fantastic system. Its just this which is now starting to really bug me.
    I’m sure its a simple fix albeit I’ve not sorted it yet.
    Just hope someone can help. Thanks in advance all, and here’s hoping

5. Februar 2018 at 15:27 #33862

Hi alex,

As I often try to communicate, setting up Max2Play, or any setup with Pi and sound in a car is a problematic challenge for various reasons.

Your best bet would be to use a GUI with touchscreen or another kind of playback interface to circumvent the many possible issues that might arise in a setup utilizing an access point on a Pi running in a car with a sound card attached (and probably music storage device as well).

You could also try setting up some simple HTTP commands (try using the Voice Control plugin beta to get some example commands and further info).

5. Februar 2018 at 18:30 #33868

Hi Heiner,
    Thanks for your advice and I’m sure I’d be a fool not to take it.
    When you say touch screen, you mean ( even if you don’t, would this work?)
    A touchscreen added to the pi?
    Strangely enough I have found out it’s FAR more reliable doing this with an old iPhone 4 I have running LMS, indeed, it works more times than not, so as I don’t use this phone, I might keep it in the car just for this well, if the touchscreen works, I might go down that route.
    Again many thanks for your valued advice
    A

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Alex.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here