Ability to use DSP features, like room equalization, with new HiFiBerry DAC/DSP?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Ability to use DSP features, like room equalization, with new HiFiBerry DAC/DSP?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 22. August 2018 at 18:51 #37136

Hi,

I’m currently using m2p with a HiFiberry DAC. I am excited about this product: https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/announcing-the-dac-dsp/ and would like to switch to it, but only if I can use the DSP profiles and settings in m2p (most interested in room eq). Would you please let me know if that will be possible?

Kind regards,

Mike

23. August 2018 at 9:28 #37178

Hi Mike,

He already have a beta integration of the beocreate dsp profiles in the HiFiBerry plugin. We are working closely together with HiFiBerry on the coming DSP DAC as well.

24. August 2018 at 14:29 #37262

Thank you! Great news! I look forward to being able to use DSP for room correction/equalization. It’s the only thing missing from my set up.

As a side note, I’m using an OK interim solution which is that I bought a used 1970’s JVC EQ on ebay (because the specs are much higher than most modern EQs!) and I just put it in line from my HiFiberry. So the signal goes like this: Hifiberry/pi -> EQ -> Stereo. Works great, but I want more control so please be sure to let us all know when the functionality is available. Happy to be an early tester!

24. August 2018 at 15:08 #37265

The Beocreate beta is already available in our HiFiBerry plugin beta. Presumably, the integration will be very similar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here