AAC Internet radio station – stream misplayback

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) AAC Internet radio station – stream misplayback

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 6. September 2017 at 2:17 #31144

I experience a problem with one Internet radio stream. The url is:
    http://stream.open.fm/33
    48kb/s CBR, AAC Radio
    There are 2 problems with this station in my configuration:
    1) the volume is very low compared to other mp3 stations. I virtually have to set the volume slider at the position max to the right side. But sometimes I want to listen to other station and then have to change volume back to normal (middle position on the slider). It is inconvenient.
    2) the sound of this station on m2p is not right. It has „digital distortion“ or sth like that, even (or especially) on higher volume. When I listen to exactly the same stream on the same speakers but from Windows/MPC-HC player, then the sound is much less distorted. The difference is clear ane makes listening on m2p very uncomfortable (in case of this stream). It is not the case with any other stations (mp3) that I listen to.

I would like to kindly ask you for support, as this Internet radio station is one of my top favourite.

Kind Regards,
    Mark

PS. I have just checked and the problem also takes place on the build-in sound card (jack output on RPI3).

Hardware: RPI3, HIFiberry DAC+ Pro, Official 7″ touchscreen. Squeezebox Server („Logitech Media Server“) on Synology NAS.

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.2 based on v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    SPOTIFYCONNECT_PARAMETER=–username ravenik –password „fi@zu#4MIKU98“ –device sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    pulse – PulseAudio Sound Server
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:1,0
    default:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct sample mixing device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct sample snooping device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Hardware device with all software conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Hardware device with all software conversions
    default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT VERSION ####
    2.8.0-openssl-Avahi-ALSA-soxr

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####
    access: RW_INTERLEAVED
    format: S32_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (352800/8)
    period_size: 882
    buffer_size: 3528

6. September 2017 at 10:26 #31148

Hi Ravenik,

This is a rather specific issue with this radio channel.

Please check the advanced settings of your LMS if AAC is set to native.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here