5" usb touchscreen and Wolfson DAC

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI 5" usb touchscreen and Wolfson DAC

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 19. August 2015 at 12:50 #15426

I have both a 5″ USB touchscreen and the Wolfson DAC for my Raspberry Pi Model B.

I am trying to use both at the same time with M2P and I cannot as each requires its own kernel and modules!

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,

Sean

19. August 2015 at 12:51 #15427

Here is a link to the touchscreen I have purchased

http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD_%28B%29

19. August 2015 at 16:49 #15431

Hi seen,
    Since the Wolfson Card is natively supported by Max2Play, you should incorporate it first by selecting it. Once that is done, you can find the appropriate dirvers for your screen and install them to see if they will work together.

20. August 2015 at 10:28 #15435

Hello Heiner,

Cheers for the quick reply. I have tried that, the problem is the drivers for the touchscreen are only available as a kernel and modules, so as soon as I install that, the Wolfson DAC stops working. In fact, all audio output devices are unavailable from Max2Play at all, the only one available is PLUGEQ.

Thanks,

Sean

20. August 2015 at 11:33 #15436

Hi Sean,

I just had a look at the instructions from the waveshare website and I just found already build kernels and no sources and instructions on how they built the kernel. You may find kernel sources for the wolfson audio card on Github. To get both, the Wolfson Card and the display to work together you need to compile your own kernel based on the sources from wolfson and waveshare. You need to get the changes by waveshare, that they applied to the original Raspbian Kernel and you may start with the already patched kernel sources from wolfson. Compiling on a PI 2 takes some time – but you may crosscompile it on a VM-Ware with the right settings.

Well – this is really not too easy, if you never done this before… sorry that we can’t really help you with this.

Cheers,
    Stefan

23. September 2015 at 13:32 #15789

I guess I got a 2.8 PiTFT 320×240 touch screen that would not work with Max2Play. http://adafru.it/2298 Found a image to put on a SD card at there web page and installed it and that’s the first I seen the screen work.

So then just wanted to know if could install Max2Play on about any Ubuntu load. Using Google I found a script and installed it and with a lot of other things got it working good.

Posted about it as I did it a 2ND time in this forum. So I guess you could do the same. Install the OS that works with your 5″ USB touchscreen and run that script and do some settings.

The post link is here:

https://www.max2play.com/forums/topic/cant-get-the-2-8-touchscreen-to-work/

That my help you do it for your screen.

6. Februar 2016 at 2:02 #18389

Hi Raymond. I have tried your method and as soon as I install Max2Play I lose touchscreen functionality! I am working on it and if I get it working I will post up here, but feel free to give me any tips if you have any! Cheers

6. Februar 2016 at 2:03 #18390

Oh and also, I have decided to use the DAC in another Pi so I am just using the analog audio output of the Pi now. If that makes any difference.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here