Reply To: DLNA ISSUES

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons DLNA ISSUES Reply To: DLNA ISSUES

15. März 2023 at 17:11 #52726

Hi Mario

I’m still struggling with the DLNA connection and was hoping you could think of something else I could try. But I’ll tell you what I have done so far.
I have BubbleUPnP server already on my smartphone so I opened up Yamaha WXC50 app (MusicCast) and it found the bubble app and the app found Max2play and played my music.

I then installed the Plex Media server on my PC, set it up as a DLNA server, that also found the MusicCast app and was able to play my music from my desktop.

So as these are both servers (software speaking), well except for the hardware, the WXC50 seemed to be functioning as it should. However, I still couldnt see M2P directly using any of them. I then tried a few things and still could’nt see M2P with the WXC50 which is a Network Streamer, I was really confused. So I contacted Yamaha who got me to do/check a few things and came to the conclusion that I was correct in what I said above about Bubble and Plex apps and it also proves the WXC50 is working as it should. I also looked at the debug files but theres nothing there except it saying the M2P Dlna server is running. Very frustrating, it feels like I’m so close to the „fixit“ but just can’t see it.

I noticed there is UpNp/Dlna option on the Logitech media page. Could this be something I could use. I’m not a software expert so unless its pretty simple stuff I’ll be struggling. That said, I’d be really grateful if there is anything you could suggest. Thanks again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Alex.