Reply To: Is there a global built-in volume control for max2Play multiroom setup ?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Is there a global built-in volume control for max2Play multiroom setup ? Reply To: Is there a global built-in volume control for max2Play multiroom setup ?

14. Oktober 2022 at 22:36 #52435

Hi,

I’ve been able to build the openhab panel with individual volume control and a master „+“ button and a „-“ button.

As on a 7″ screen, sliders are not so userfirendly, I’ve chose + and – buttons for each SqueezelitePlayers.

Each buttons (+ – for a single player or master) send a text command to a model variable I’ve created „increment_volume_params“ defined as String.

When this variable recive a command, a JS code is executed (openhab rule).

In this code I check wether it is a plus command or a minus command and get the playerName encoded ex : plus_kitchen, minus_kitchen, plus_master, minus_master, etc)

The command is read with something like this :
var increment_volume_params_state = itemRegistry.getItem(‚increment_volume_params‘).state;

For a player, I get the current volume with squeezebox binding and increment or decrement this value with a constant step (ex: 1) and sent this back to the current player.

For master volume I do that for each players of my network.

It’s very nice to use it

Thanks for the tip!