Reply To: Multiple Libraries Via Multisqueeze Does Not Seem Possible

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Multiple Libraries Via Multisqueeze Does Not Seem Possible Reply To: Multiple Libraries Via Multisqueeze Does Not Seem Possible

16. November 2021 at 18:10 #51792

Thanks for your interest! My question, Am I missing something, still applies. Let me try to be more exact in what I am looking for.

To answer your question, my current workaround is to use one squeezebox server and one Volumio system. I do not think Volumio is based on squeezebox, but it has the functionality I am looking for, which is a (headless) player with shuffle capability controlled by a Wi-Fi app (which in Volumio runs in a browser). I am pretty sure I can make a system with two squeezebox players work well, though right now, server discovery is slow and inconsistent, but I think that problem can be solved.

What I am looking for is the capability to have a player which shuffles discs within a library using the „Don’t stop the music“ plug-in, and that library can be browsed via album art, while ignoring the discs in another library. I need to be able to switch libraries extremely easily. It is acceptable if I must change players in order to change libraries; in fact, that is slightly preferred.

It is my observation #1 that, even with Multisqueeze, I cannot have one library for one player and a separate library for the other. It is my observation #2 that, even with Multilibrary and Custom Browse, I cannot browse via album art only the selected library, and I cannot shuffle albums of only the selected library.

Perhaps my observations #1 or #2 are due to an oversight on my part. Are these observations incorrect/am I missing something? Thanks!