Reply To: Squeezebox server samba mount – raspi 3, Max2Play 2.45, Ubuntu server 16.04

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Squeezebox server samba mount – raspi 3, Max2Play 2.45, Ubuntu server 16.04 Reply To: Squeezebox server samba mount – raspi 3, Max2Play 2.45, Ubuntu server 16.04

10. April 2020 at 19:59 #48466

I recently had to start from scratch when the PI started acting up. I once again ran into problems trying to get the mount point from my Ubuntu share connected via the Max2Play GUI interface. I was hoping that this ancient thread of mine had the answer but instead I see I just responded that I made it work.

Having now run through the same steps as I did previously to solve the problem, I wanted to leave the solution here. The mount type for Ubuntu samba shares is (for me at least) NFS. nope…at least, not on it’s own.

I wish there was some feedback on that errors. Instead of „Mount point not created“, perhaps „No share of type CIFS on this connection. Try NFS“.

Answer: Use the IP address and not the server name. While I can easily connect to //media-server/music using the credentials created for M2P from a Windows machine, the Raspi requires in be entered with the ip address – it can’t resolve the server name for some reason. And it helps if everything is spelled correctly.

So – for my future self: Use the IP address, spell the samba folder name correctly (case matters), yes it’s cifs.
It’s always so easy to watch the video, but that doesn’t work here for whatever reason.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by andrew283. Reason: Was not the fix
  • This reply was modified 4 years ago by andrew283.