Reply To: Cannot get audio output from Kody via DAC, only HDMI.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Cannot get audio output from Kody via DAC, only HDMI. Reply To: Cannot get audio output from Kody via DAC, only HDMI.

29. Dezember 2019 at 15:03 #47843

Well I finally got around to doing this i.e. I downloaded the latest max2play image and burnt it to another SD card and put it in my Pi.

It booted up fine albeit as a virgin copy without any of my LMS or Kodi add-ons. I updated to the latest version of Kodi which appeared to go OK.

Then the big test, could I get audio output from Kodi via my Audiophonics I-Sabre V3 Dac, to my amp. No I could not. Apart from there being just one ALSA setting in the Kodi Audio output options, everything else was just the same. As before audio output only available via HDMI and my TV.

As I was facing a big task to reload and configure all of my add-ons, without any advantage that I could see I have reverted to my original image, which is working just as I want it with this one exception.

So how is everyone alse doing with Kodi output? Is it just the Audiophonics DAC that does not work properly? Do other DACs appear as expected in the Kodi Audio output settings options?

Do I have any other hardware options to to get Kodi output to my amp?

Any information to help solve this problem would be much appreciated.