Reply To: Can't get MAX2Play on Raspberry Pi 0/W with HifiBerry Amp 2 to work

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Can't get MAX2Play on Raspberry Pi 0/W with HifiBerry Amp 2 to work Reply To: Can't get MAX2Play on Raspberry Pi 0/W with HifiBerry Amp 2 to work

15. Dezember 2019 at 17:49 #47779

I finally managed to get it to work, by tracking down a USB Network converter. Which on the seconds attempt (The first time it got stuck in the same place) finally went all the way through. I was then able to connect, tell it to use wifi and give it a static IP address which is what I wanted.

It is worth pointing out that your comment ‘Please have an eye on the Health Checker in Settings/Reboot when using it.’ Was a bit odd as it has to be fully booted for this to be seen and my problem was it would not boot via wifi !
As I see it there is an issue with Max2Play trying a 1st time boot using wifi with our without wps since it doesn’t bring up an access point either. Once booted 1st time on LAN its then OK every time on wireless and the power is marked as “Power Supply OK” on the settings/reboot menu.

Also, on the HiFi Berry AMP 2 page it states “The Amp2 integrated voltage converter is powerful enough to power even the new Raspberry Pi 4.” So, I am surprised about your power comments and clearly that wasn’t it.

I am left with 2 questions
1. If you “do not recommend using a device like the AMP2 with a RPi zero” please can you tell me why and what you do recommend as I would like to have a good setup
2. Is there any way to run a Terminal rather than GUI screen to save on CPU as I will not have anything connected to the HDMI under normal circumstances?

Thanks
Regards
Barry