Reply To: Running from a usb stick on RaspberryPi B+

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Running from a usb stick on RaspberryPi B+ Reply To: Running from a usb stick on RaspberryPi B+

10. September 2019 at 15:46 #47067

Sean,

I think the devs have given up on this, maybe there’s not enough money in it. I’ve had questions go unanswered that their „head developer“ was going to look into and now they’re asking you to fix it for them lol.
The only reason I can see thus far for it being incompatible is the devs hard coding devices in /dev
What they should be doing is something like a cat fstab | grep " / " parsing the UUID and then getting it’s /dev mapping with something like blkid | grep "PARSEDUUID" so that it doesn’t matter how it’s mounted (SD mounts as /dev/mmcblk* whereas USB is seen as a storage device and is thus mapped as /dev/sd* )
They have hard coded devices instead of using mount points or parsing on a number of scripts. If you update them to the correct path they work fine.
As much as M2P looks nicer and has a few other ‚premium‘ features, I am considering PiCorePlayer as M2P is requiring more patching than using to get going I’m afraid 🙁