Reply To: [SOLVED] amixer: Control hw:sndrpiwsp open error: No such device – wolfson DAC

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] amixer: Control hw:sndrpiwsp open error: No such device – wolfson DAC Reply To: [SOLVED] amixer: Control hw:sndrpiwsp open error: No such device – wolfson DAC

27. September 2018 at 12:39 #38134

Hi thanks – I did a clean install from your website today – dd of the image onto an 8Gb Class 10 Card. I then booted with the Wolfson card in place, HDMI connected and USB / Keyboard and Mouse too. No Wifi but wired RJ45. I had to start the web server manually as it didn’t start on boot (and still doesn’t). I turned off the Desktop and took the update to 2.47 option. I skipped sound card choice removed HDMI, Mouse, Keyboard.

On reboot. I SSH -l in as user PI and manually started the apache server [sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start]. I took the Raspberry settings option and added the Wolfson driver (for Kernel 4.4+) / reboot / manually start apache – I then tried to assign the output to SPDIF which is what caused the error message as posted. I then tried headphone and line output from the card and both of these options worked fine. Going back to trying the SPDIF option caused the same error again. Re-trying headphones and line out continue to work fine.

The Wolfson Card advertises itself physically as „Wolfson PI Audio Card Ver: A02“
The PI is a Pi B
M2P is version 2.47

BTW- The device used to work fine on Squeezeplug until I decided to update in a fit of misplaced enthusiasm !

Thanks for the quick reply – what more do you need ?

Best wishes

Mike