Reply To: Power Button extension to start and safely shutdown the Raspberry PI

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Power Button extension to start and safely shutdown the Raspberry PI Reply To: Power Button extension to start and safely shutdown the Raspberry PI

23. Mai 2018 at 23:32 #35844

Unfortunately I have no kit or pre-built device. You have to build/solder it yourself. The parts are standard components, it should not be a problem to get them.
But this power button plugin could be what you need: I have designed it to work with 5V so that it acts as a switch between the power supply and the PI.
What should (I did not try it and I therefore do not guarantee it :-)) work for you is:
Replace the 5V relay by a 12V relay, use a 25V capacitor for C1. Now the entire cicuit should work with 12V.
In your case the setup then would be: 12V power supply => Power button => Justboom DAC => PI.
The only thing to keep in mind is that the PI only supports 3.3V at its GPIO PINs. D2 and T3 are there to keep away higher voltage from the PI. So the 12V should not show up there (like the 5V do not show up).
I hope this helps…