Reply To: Logitech Media Server Playlist vanishes after some time

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Logitech Media Server Playlist vanishes after some time Reply To: Logitech Media Server Playlist vanishes after some time

16. Mai 2018 at 17:25 #35728

Thanks, i made some basic tests and it seems your solution solves the problem but i will have to wait till tomorrow to really know.

I do not know if creating a subdirectory (playlist) in /home/pi/music is really necessary but i did and i also changed the permissions to 777. This time saving a playlist in the LMS webinterface crates a coresponding file in /home/pi/music/playlist! So that is a success i guess. But i also noticed that the owner of the file is a user called „squeezeboxserver“ and not the user „pi“, so this is something that has to be adressed during the installation of LMS! Either created a home directory for „squeezeboxserver“ or make some sane default regarding the music/playlist storage directories including the right permissions.
I think changing the permissions to 777 is just a workaround, it would be better to have an own home directory for the squeezeboxuser.