Reply To: Spotify Connect Not Working with Pi Zero W and HiFiBderry DAC+ Zero

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Spotify Connect Not Working with Pi Zero W and HiFiBderry DAC+ Zero Reply To: Spotify Connect Not Working with Pi Zero W and HiFiBderry DAC+ Zero

18. April 2018 at 13:55 #35218

Hello! I stream Spotify to my laptop rather than a smart phone. I’ve spent lots of time trying different options to get Max2Play up and running Spotify. No luck. I tried setting to the card HiFiBerry DAC instead of DAC light, but no luck.

Under Spotify Connect, as I mentioned, the Spotify password is always blacked out and shows 4 dots. Whether this means that it loads a 4 character password or simply shows 4 dots always and saves the input Spotify password, I do not know. I performed this directly from the Pi Zero with HDMI screen and wireless keyboard as well as from the browser line on my laptop. The same thing appears with both.

I do not have any audioplayers running and Squeezelight is not active.

Spotify Connect never starts. After re-input the password and user name and saving, I click „start Spotify Connect Service.“ The page then states „Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information.“ However, nothing comes up when I click the link.

Under DeBug, the following comes up:

„#### Librespot Output ####

#### Librespot Command Line Options ####
Illegal instruction“

I appreciate any guidance folks can give me. Thank you.

Mike