Reply To: [SOLVED] Volume lowered after setting via rotary controller (IQaudio AMP+, RasPi 3)

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] Volume lowered after setting via rotary controller (IQaudio AMP+, RasPi 3) Reply To: [SOLVED] Volume lowered after setting via rotary controller (IQaudio AMP+, RasPi 3)

8. November 2017 at 10:11 #32341

Hallo Heiner,

humidity is not the problem: Around 20°C and 50% rel. in this room. Internal Audio was disabled already as is I2S-MMAP.
The rotary is working without a hassle as is IQ_rot. I tried several different steps using the source code and alsamixer is showing exactly the chosen steps for one tick. Since changing the volume in alsamixer without using the rotary is also reseted , it is an action done by squeezelite. I suppose squeezelite is not monitoring volume settings done directly in alsa and then sets this arbitrary offset.

I have another setup with Raspi 3, 7″ Touchdisplay and IQaudio DAC (not plus) instead of AMP+ without a rotary downstairs. I will try if setting volume in alsamixer will be changed there also like the system with AMP+. Then the cause is definitely not related to the rotary but within the interaction between ALSA and squeezelite.

Ciao,

Martin