Reply To: Remote Control Addon Beta

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Remote Control Addon Beta Reply To: Remote Control Addon Beta

3. November 2017 at 13:06 #32272

Hi Heiner,
No I didn’t have the “Open Console Fullscreen” button. After the installation, I still had the “Install SheelInABox” button, as if nothing had been installed. I started Putty and ran dpkg –get-selections | grep „shellinabox“ and it returned nothing. So I guess it did not install…

EDIT 1:
In the meantime, I ran Putty and installed libnet-ssleay-perl and libio-socket-ssl-perl (in order to be able to watch some https podcasts on the LMS) and after that, it seems I was able to get the Remote Control to work!! I am sure the installation of the 2 SSL packages is unrelated to my original issue, but I thought I should share it with you in case it helps understanding the original issue.

EDIT 2:
FYI, I had to install the Logitech Media Server (LMS) several times before I could get it to start. I am wondering if this could have messed up some packages in my system, which would then prevent the Remote-Control from installing properly. Installing the 2 SSL packages later cleaned up the system, which is why the Remote Control is now able to install… Just a theory (trying to help in case others are running into the same issue)…

Anyways, it works now.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Jazzfood. Reason: I just tried again after installing some SSL packages and it now seems to work
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Jazzfood. Reason: Edit 2: I just thought of an issue I had during the LMS installation and I am wondering if this could be the reason for the Remote-Control installation fail