Reply To: Squeezebox server only playing a few seconds of tracks..

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Squeezebox server only playing a few seconds of tracks.. Reply To: Squeezebox server only playing a few seconds of tracks..

24. Juli 2017 at 17:19 #30097

I can try to make some tests an compare PiCorePlayer and max2play with the same ALAC files, but I’m afraid the file itself is not the issue. I suspect high bitrates to fail more easily than more modest ones. Sometimes closing the player (there is a on/off button for each instance in the main player page) and starting the song ones more fixes the issue. Maybe something to do with the buffer size? I should also state that I had the issue with a wired connection, no crappy Wifi involved.

As stated in this forum, it is always possible to disable ALAC codec, which means the file is converted into FLAC (ASFAIK), but with a lower bitrate. This is not acceptable for my living room player (piZero with JustBoom DAC hat), but I don’t believe I will hear any difference on my mono speaker from the bathroom, or the 2 non-hifi speakers in the office. I’ll try to keep the best of 2 worlds.

So max2play is still handy here, for the ease of configuration, and the ability to have 2 squeezelite instances on one pi, but the alac bug is a deal breaker for people with a large Apple Lossless collection.