Reply To: Issue using Raspi1 with Hifiberry DAC and Adafruit 2,8" Touchscreen on max2play

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Issue using Raspi1 with Hifiberry DAC and Adafruit 2,8" Touchscreen on max2play Reply To: Issue using Raspi1 with Hifiberry DAC and Adafruit 2,8" Touchscreen on max2play

3. Mai 2017 at 22:17 #28683

Is this problem not simply due to both the adafruit 2.8 and Hifiberry both using GPIO 18 and as such causing the conflict ?

Adafruit uses GPIO 18 for one of the four switches and Hifiberry uses GPIO 18-21 for sound output ?
Certainly this is the case for DAC+ and to quote from Hifiberry site „GPIO’s 18-21 (pins 12, 35, 38 and 40) are used for the sound interface. You can’t use them for any other purpose“.

I currently use a headless B+ pi with Hifiberry DAC+ running Volumio without issue and the sound is so much better than anticipated but I want a touchscreen so I have just ordered a Pi 3 and Adafruit 2.8″ because it is supposed to run under M2P (not supported under latest Volumio)
My plan is to mount a Piface Shim under the DAC+ to duplicate the GPIO header, connect the Adafruit via cable as it will be panel mounted but omit GPIO 18 and hopefully it should work ???