Max2Play Home 2016 (en) › Forums › General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions › Allo Piano 2.1 sub volume › Reply To: Allo Piano 2.1 sub volume
There seem to be some oddities about the way Max2Play handles the Allo DAC Piano 2.1. (I should add that I’m running this DAC on the Allo Sparky, not on the Raspberry Pi.)
The version of Max2Play that is downloaded from the Allo site is 2.41. With this version:
1. Selecting the Piano 2.1 DAC from the drop down menu makes available the various sliders to control the DAC.
2. There is no mention of a special driver or kernel being needed.
3. However, the slider control for the subwoofer (“Settings for Subwoofer Mode (2.0, 2.1, 2.2), Default 2.1”) are set to 2.0, even though it is stated that 2.1 is the default.
4. There is no sound from the subwoofer.
After upgrading to Max2Play 2.42:
1. Messages start to appear that a custom Kernel is needed for the Piano 2.1.
2. However, these messages refer to the wrong DAC (the Boss, not the Piano 2.1). Consequently, I have ignored them. [I have screen shots of all this]
3. The slider control for the subwoofer is still set to 2.0 instead of 2.1.
4. After clicking the button to “restore the defaults” for these sliders, the slider control is now set to 2.1, and there is indeed now sound from all three speakers.
5. However, the speakers don’t seem very balanced, and I haven’t yet figured out how to actually change the volume etc. ‘on the fly.’ I’m starting to think that playback has to be stopped and started again before changed settings take effect.
Does anyone know how to check which kernel/driver has actually been installed?